Dining Etc Ltd.
About this policy
Dining Etc Ltd. is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
- You use our website.
- You make a booking on our website.
- You make enquiries on our website.
- Someone is interested in working with us.
- You make a booking by telephone or in person.
- You make enquiries by telephone or in person.
- You purchase a voucher by any means.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site. By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy. Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who we are?
Dining Etc Ltd. restaurant / pub based in the Surrey town of Englefield Green, under the trading name of The Bailiwick Free House. Our registered location is Dining Etc Ltd., The Bailiwick Free House, Wick Road, Englefield Green, Surrey, TW20 0HN.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
- when you make a booking.
- when you visit a restaurant (preferences, allergies etc.).
- make an enquiry.
- when you sign up to marketing emails.
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking. We will collect this information so we can fulfil your booking request and you may dine at our venue. When you make a booking Dining Etc Ltd. will collect information such as:
- Email address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails)
- Home or work address
- Billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information for use in the case of no-shows (where applicable)
- Telephone number
- Company name
- Dietary requirements
- Special occasion dates marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
When and after you dine at Dining Etc Ltd.:
- Marketing responses (where applicable)
- Survey responses
- Current and past restaurant reservation details
When you access our sites:
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Dining Etc Ltd.. This information can include:
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
- operating system
- IP address
- browser type
- browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
- domain names
- access times
- referring website addresses
- other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us by email. This information may include:
- personal details
- employment details
- salary history
- other relevant details
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records.
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback).
- Improve our products and services.
- Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers (e.g. OpenTable for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our Sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
For reservations taken through OpenTable, our website or by telephone your data will only be stored in the UK.
Dining Etc Ltd. is the primary controller of personal data stored in our ‘OpenTable Guestbook’.
OpenTable is the processor of personal data in the ‘OpenTable Guestbook’. As such OpenTable processes this data in the OpenTable Guestbook on behalf of Dining Etc Ltd.by powering the product. Dining Etc Ltd.’s OpenTable Guestbook is also used in other OpenTable products such as GuestCenter, OpenTable Connect, Electronic Reservations Book. More information about OpenTable products can be found at OpenTable’s website.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Dining Etc Limited holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made by email.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will, therefore, be retained for the following periods;
- Credit card data held for confirmation of booking will be deleted at the time of the reservation.
- Booking information including Name, Telephone Number, Email Address and any notes affiliated with your booking (including but not exclusive of dietary requirements, occasion, visit notes and requests) indefinitely to aid in future bookings.
- Government Covid guidelines.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
Use of ‘cookies’
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
- Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What happens if our business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
We may share your information (such as meal or seating preferences and special occasions) with other restaurants in the same restaurant group. This is to enhance the hospitality experience that we (the restaurant group) provide you when you dine with us (such as, trying to seat you by a window, if you previously expressed a preference for window seating) (“customised service”) and to improve our table and shift planning.
In addition to providing you with more customised service, we may, as permitted by applicable law, share your information with our restaurant affiliates to support operations, such as to perform analytics, tailor marketing to you, support a loyalty program that you have chosen to participate in, and improve services.
For more information, please feel free to contact us.
Changes to this statement
Dining Etc Ltd.